Arizona Defensive Driving Course Online
Need to remove points from your traffic citation? Our defensive driving (Diversion Attendance Course) is Arizona Supreme Court-approved to dismiss your traffic ticket and help you avoid insurance premium increases. You may also need this course if you were court-ordered, required by your employer or if your insurance company offers a discount for completing defensive driving.
Our course is 100% online and can be taken in sections, 24/7. We have customer service available by phone and live chat to help you with any questions you may have. Rush certificate options are also available!
If eligible, completion of this online defensive driving diversion attendance program will qualify you for point removal, ticket dismissal, and no insurance premium increases. The course includes validation eligibility, final exam, electronic completion to the presiding court and a copy of a completion certificate provided to the student.
Approved Defensive Driving Course #034
The Arizona Supreme Court has approved the American Safety Council to offer the online defensive driving diversion attendance program to eligible Arizona motorists. American Safety Council, owner and operator of TrafficSchoolToGo.com, is listed on the Arizona courts website.
See our approval here.
About Arizona Defensive Driving
Arizona Defensive Driving, unlike Traffic Survival School, is a Diversion Attendance Course for drivers with eligible traffic tickets to remove the points from their driving record. If you received a traffic ticket for a non-serious violation in the state of Arizona, or were court-ordered to take defensive driving, this course is most likely for you. Read our FAQs for more information or click the register button to get started!
Total Cost to Attend Defensive Driving for Diversion
Your total costs required by the AZ courts depend on where you received your citation. Click here to view the total cost including course fee, state fee, state surcharge and applicable court fee. Total cost includes the following fees:
- Course Fee: $29.95
- AZ State Fee: $20
- AZ State Surcharge: $45
- Applicable Court Fee
Important Information About Arizona Defensive Driving
Please note the following information concerning Arizona Defensive Driving:
- Defensive driving for diversion attendance can be completed once every 24 months
- Your course must be completed 7 days prior to your arraignment date
- Your violation must be eligible for defensive driving diversion. Click here to view a complete list
- You can attend for only one violation
- Serious injury or fatal accident violations are not eligible
- If you hold a commercial driver's license, you are not eligible
- You must provide the following information to register for the course:
- Traffic citation
- Government issued identification
- Payment must be made prior to beginning the course
- The online course requires 4 hours to complete and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Arizona Defensive Driving Refund Policy
The American Safety Council will provide a refund to a student if a student pays for the Arizona Safe Motorist Course and does not begin taking the course and notifies ASC that the student needs to reschedule to take the course. A refund for the course will be provided to the student within 60 days after the scheduled course date or once the Student notifies ASC that he/she will not be attending the course. A student that attends the Arizona Safe Motorist Course for a traffic violation and the citation is not reported to the state of Arizona will have his/her payment refunded. American Safety Council will notify division staff of the refund and cancellation of the course registration in this instance. A refund will also be provided to a student that has a citation dismissed by the jurisdictional court for a technical error. A court may request a refund of the court diversion fee to a student or at the court's discretion. Under normal circumstances, however, a student that is provided a refund because the student did not take the course is not refunded the court diversion fee or the state fee. ASC maintains copies of refunds made to students along with an explanation of the reason for the refund.
Click here to view the Arizona Supreme Court's Web site.
As the proven leader in the national delivery of traffic safety education and a trusted partner of state and federal government in the delivery of online training, the American Safety Council guarantees its customers:
- Easy, Fast Ticket Dismissal
- Simple and Effective Online Courses
- Secure and Reliable Online Registration
- Same-Day Certificate Processing
- 24/7 Availability
- Unsurpassed, U.S. Based Customer Service Professionals
Ready to get started?
Click here to sign up!
Traffic School Resources
Traffic School in Other States
Did You Know?
The American Safety Council...
- Works with all 50 States to offer online services
- Conducts online driver license exams
- Provides driving record checks in many states
- Pioneered the development of online driver education
- Guarantees customer satisfaction with its products and the absolute lowest prices!