What is Defensive Driving?
A defensive driving course is for motorists who’ve received a traffic infraction or non-criminal moving violation. Defensive driving, also known as traffic school or driver improvement, is used to reduce traffic ticket points as a result of the ticket. The incentive is to have a clean driving record and avoid insurance premium increases that would result from the ticket.
How do I know if I am eligible?
TThe officer or county court where your ticket has been assigned will be able to tell you for sure whether a defensive driving course is an option. However, you may also take defensive driving just to get an insurance reduction. Depending on your insurance company, this could be a discount you qualify for!
For a traffic ticket, many factors can affect whether or not you qualify to take defensive driving for point dismissal†. Those can be:
- Whether or not this is your first offense
- Whether or not you've taken traffic school recently
- The seriousness of the violation
Simply select your state and TrafficSchoolToGo.com will provide you with your defensive driving course options
Yes, it's that easy!
- Complete your traffic school online
- Pass a final exam (if applicable)
- Receive your course completion certificate
- Present it to your county court and/or insurance company
†In the state of California tickets are not dismissed but masked and the conviction held confidential.
As the proven leader in the national delivery of traffic safety education and a trusted partner of state and federal government in the delivery of online training, the American Safety Council guarantees its customers:
- Easy, Fast Ticket Dismissal
- Simple and Effective Online Courses
- Secure and Reliable Online Registration
- Same-Day Certificate Processing
- 24/7 Availability
- Unsurpassed, U.S. Based Customer Service Professionals