What is Defensive Driving?
A defensive driving course is for motorists who’ve received a traffic infraction or non-criminal moving violation. Defensive driving, also known as traffic school or driver improvement, is used to reduce traffic ticket points as a result of the ticket. The incentive is to have a clean driving record and avoid insurance premium increases that would result from the ticket.
How do I know if I am eligible?
TThe officer or county court where your ticket has been assigned will be able to tell you for sure whether a defensive driving course is an option. However, you may also take defensive driving just to get an insurance reduction. Depending on your insurance company, this could be a discount you qualify for!
For a traffic ticket, many factors can affect whether or not you qualify to take defensive driving for point dismissal. Those can be:
- Whether or not this is your first offense
- Whether or not you've taken traffic school recently
- The seriousness of the violation
Simply select your state and TrafficSchoolToGo.com will provide you with your defensive driving course options
Yes, it's that easy!
- Complete your traffic school online
- Pass a final exam (if applicable)
- Receive your course completion certificate
- Present it to your county court and/or insurance company
As the proven leader in the national delivery of traffic safety education and a trusted partner of state and federal government in the delivery of online training, the American Safety Council guarantees its customers:
- Easy, Fast Ticket Dismissal
- Simple and Effective Online Courses
- Secure and Reliable Online Registration
- Same-Day Certificate Processing
- 24/7 Availability
- Unsurpassed, U.S. Based Customer Service Professionals