What is traffic school?
Traffic school, also known as defensive driving or driver improvement, varies by state and sometimes by county. Most states regard traffic school as a basic driver improvement course for motorists with traffic infractions or non-criminal moving violations. Traffic school is used to reduce traffic ticket points as a result of the ticket. The incentive is to have a clean driving record and avoid insurance premium increases that would result from the ticket.
How do I know if I am eligible?
The officer or county court where your ticket has been assigned will be able to tell you for sure whether traffic school is an option. Many factors can affect whether or not you qualify to take traffic school for point dismissal†. Those can be:
- Whether or not this is your first offense
- Whether or not you've taken traffic school recently
- The seriousness of the violation
To find out what traffic school you need, simply select your state and TrafficSchoolToGo.com will provide you with your options.
Yes, it's that easy!
- Complete your traffic school online
- Pass a final exam (if applicable)
- Receive your course completion certificate
- Present it to your county court and/or insurance company
†In the state of California tickets are not dismissed but masked and the conviction held confidential.
As the proven leader in the national delivery of traffic safety education and a trusted partner of state and federal government in the delivery of online training, the American Safety Council guarantees its customers:
- Easy, Fast Ticket Dismissal
- Simple and Effective Online Courses
- Secure and Reliable Online Registration
- Same-Day Certificate Processing
- 24/7 Availability
- Unsurpassed, U.S. Based Customer Service Professionals